Tuesday 16 July 2013

GF Eating with no Cheating

Often when I go out for a meal I feel cheated because I can't have most of the things on the menu, with Grill48 it's a very different experience hence why if anyone was to ask me where is the best GF place to eat in Dunfermline, I would have no hesitation in saying Grill48. 

I'll keep it simple with my top 5 reasons:
  1. Once you've been once they remember you and automatically give you the GF menu.
  2. You don't get charged extra for ordering from the GF menu.
  3. The GF menu is pretty much the same menu as the standard ones (and they don't do stupid things like say "the burger comes without a bun"; who wants to eat a burger without the bun?).
  4.  You don't feel like you are "missing out" on anything.
  5.  The place has a nice feel, the staff are lovely, the food is good and the price is reasonable (OK I know that's actually four reasons in one!)

Recommendations

My lunchtime recommendation has to be the soup and a sandwich deal. At just £6 it is fantastic value for money and it's one of the few places you will go where the GF sandwich looks even more appetising that the 'normal' sandwich and tastes yummy (I highly recommend the BLT). Accompanied with a hearty plate of homemade soup you will come out absolutely stuffed!

For dinner it's a bit more tricky as there are a lot of options. Last time I went for the mushroom bruschetta and it was lovely. The mushrooms were chopped up really finely and I really liked the texture. For main I recommend the chilli, this one has a real tomato flavour and LOTS of kick! Desert, I can't see past the raspberry crunch. It's a simple desert with ice-cream, meringue and fresh raspberries but it's not too heavy and the ice-cream is "proper".

Grill48 caters for different allergies so if you are looking for somewhere nice with decent prices and a well-packed menu then look no further than Grill48.

No comments:

Post a Comment