Wednesday 6 November 2013

Fabulous Flapjacks


So I hear on the grapevine (well twitter) that Hugh will be rustling up some banana flapjacks tonight on River Cottage Fruit. Well I am afraid to say I won't be following the recipe as I have my very own which I think is the best! I would love to have a battle of the flapjacks but I'm up here in Fife and with Hugh down there in Devon I don't think it's going to happen soon!

With two sons who compete regularly at athletics we find these are a great snack, especially with a son who won't eat bananas but will eat flapjacks packed with them!

Anyway here's my tried and tested recipe.


Wheat Free Yes Gluten Free No
Makes 30  

Ingredients(plain flapjack)

350g butter 
280g demerara sugar
1/2 tin condensed milk
2bsp syrup
500g porridge outs

Optional Extras
2 ripe bananas, mashed
Chopped dried apricots
Cranberries
Raisins
Coconut
Chocolate chunks
Nuts
Pumpkin seeds
Anything you fancy really!
 
 
Method 


1. In a large pan melt the butter and sugar over a low heat.
2. Stir in the condensed milk and syrup.
3. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the oats.
4. Add any extras (at this point I usually split the mix in two and make two different flavours, a particular favourite of ours is cranberry, apricot and coconut pictured abouve).
5. Put in two baking trays lined with baking parchment. Even the mix out but don;t press down too hard.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 15min or until the edges start to brown. Don't overcook
7. Leave in the trays until cold then cut into squares.
8. Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog thank you for sharing us.
    Thank you,
    Intraday Trading Tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete