Wednesday 27 February 2013

Week 7 of the Recipe Challenge

2013 Recipe Book Challenge


 

52 weeks - 52 recipe books - 52 new recipes 

Inspired by  The Grumbling Tummy

    

Week 7 - Chocolate and Baking - Curry Pasties

Now you may wonder how I managed to find a recipe for pasties in a chocolate and baking cookbook? This little gem of a book has been donning my bookshelf and the fact it automatically falls open at the Millionaires Shortbread recipe just says it all. I've had the cookbook for many years pre wheat-free and it's a book I was reluctant to give up on. There has been many a WF recipe based on the recipes in this book with a few disasters down the way (we just don't talk about scones in our house).

I decided as it's so well used to flick passed the chocolate recipes (for once) and focus on the 'baking' section where there are many a savoury morsel to be had. I have to confess I haven't frequented this section very often so it was a bit of a revelation.

Sporty kids meant I was cooking lots of grub for a day at the athletics and at these type of events sandwiches don't always hit the spot. I thought the curry pasties would be a welcome addition to the packed lunch bag so set to work making a batch. The recipe stated that they made four so I doubled it up. I made a few tweaks to the recipe (including some non wheat-free requirements) so I will post my new and improved recipe for you to try. They were good, but not as good as the cassoulet from week 6...still drooling at the thought of that...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment