Wednesday 27 February 2013

Week 6 of The Recipe Book Challenge

2013 Recipe Book Challenge


 

52 weeks - 52 recipe books - 52 new recipes 

Inspired by  The Grumbling Tummy

    

Week 6 - Monica's Kitchen - Easy Duck Cassoulet

I must confess I felt a wee bit guilty using this cookbook as it was a Christmas present for Mr Chef and he hasn't had a chance yet to cook out of it. I've been perusing it for weeks now and the temptation just got the better of me. There is something special about using a recipe out of a cookbook for the first time when it is all shiny and clean; no oily splatters or pages stuck together with stray ingredients.

Anyway back to the challenge. I believe this is Monica Galetti's first cookbook and it is organised by occasion. It makes a nice read and the type of book that you can read without even needing to cook. I picked the recipe from the section "A Leisurely Weekend" as I liked the idea of cassoulet without all the time (and calories) from making duck confit. 



The recipes are beautifully laid out, simple to follow and the end result was fabulous. This recipe goes straight to the top of my list so far and it's going to take a good one to knock it off this spot! It's one of those recipes that you just want to cook (and eat) time and time again. From a GF perspective, the only change I made was to replace the Brioche breadcrumbs with GF breadcrumbs.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment