Saturday 29 December 2012

2013 Recipe Book Challenge




So I was out with a lovely friend of mine over at the grumbling tummy, and as ever, we got onto the subject of food and in particular, cookbooks. We both have a bit of a cookbook fettish and equally have cookbooks that we rarely (or never) cook from. Hazel asked me what was my most used cookbook, which at the time I struggled to answer (that may have been due to the wine!). On reflection, I think it may be an unsuspecting book, it's actually A Cook's Tour of Scotland by Sue Lawrence. Sue won Masterchef in 1991, back in the days with Lloyd Grossman when the format was very different from the format we all know and love now.

A few other favourites are The River Cottage Family Cookbook and Women's Own Classic Cookery. Obviously I have to tailor a lot of recipes to make them wheat-free but this is something I have pretty much mastered now. To be honest I often make things up as I go along and cookbooks tend to be for inspiration rather than for instruction.

Anyway onto the challenge...

Hazel has decided to challenge herself to cook one recipe from a different cookbook each week. Like me, I guess she has more than 52 cookbooks. It sounds such a good challenge that I intend to join her.
 

Anyone else care to join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment