Wheat Free Yes Gluten Free Yes
Makes 8-10 (depending on the size you like)
1 packet smoked mackerel
2 large dollops of tartar sauce
3 spring onions finely chopped
1/2 bag potatoes, peeled
Dob of butter/splash of milk or creme fraiche (whatever you use when mashing potatoes)
Small bowl GF breadcrumbs (make your own or use shop-bought. I like Hale & Hearty and they can be found in the GF aisle of some supermarkets)
1. Boil the potatoes until soft and then drain and mash.
2. In a large bowl, use a fork to break the mackerel into small pieces.
3. Add the tartar sauce, spring onions and potatoes.
4. Once cool, shape the fishcakes into patties.
5. Whisk the egg.
6. Dip the fishcakes in the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
7. Refrigerate until required.